19:30 - [Play]
I am pleased to report that the director placed the speakers in front of some very pretty backgrounds. Time and time again I find myself studying these backgrounds in detail. Right now there is some sheet music, the words "Martin L King", "doctor", what looks like "agape" something indiscernible followed by the word "leader" and a drawing of two hands holding a heap of dirt with a little plant in it. My favourite, so far, was what looked very much like half a body lying on the sidewalk. It had a Jack the Ripper feel to it and I was quite amused by it.
Look, it's a "street kid".The narrative is still pointless, though. The director might want to try his or her hand at music videos.
Oh, ok, the indiscernible word is "spiritual". "Spiritual Leader". Of course.
Doyle again: "So basically, what you focus on with thought and feeling is what you attract into your experience, whether or not it's something you want."
Got that yet? They keep saying this, interspersed with those stern reprimands that this is not wishful thinking and if we don't get it, we shouldn't dismiss it out of hand. The boredom, it aches. It appears as though they are going to try and cruise through this little lecture by repeating themselves until we accept defeat. But not I. I will not give in.

We are confronted by the following bold claim (or bald lie, as I like to think of it): "What you think and what you feel and what manifests is always a match. Every single time. No exception."
This type of statement is readily falsifiable. I am glad she phrased it like that. Usually these types of people make the "there are no diamonds in Australia" type claims, claims that would require digging up all of Australia to disprove. All we need to disprove this statement is to find a single instance where what we thought and felt did not match what was "manifested". (Manifested means "to show or demonstrate plainly; reveal".)
I can think of a very recent, personal example from my own life. I am sure you can do the same.
If you can, that is an exception to her absolute - "every time, without exception" - rule, then, so her statement is false. I am sure you can think of countless examples of how what you felt and thought were contrary to what manifested. Think of accidents or sudden bad news - we will often remember being on top of the world when the earth-shattering news was delivered or singing along happily when someone drove into the side of our car.
Beckwith now reminds me of Jon Stewart imitating George W. Bush. He clamps his hands together and shakes them, while whispering in a conspiratory tone "It's hard to swallow." That it is, brother. He tells us that once we open ourselves up to this hard to swallow idea, the "ramifications are awesome". "It means that whatever thought has done in your life...it can be undone, through a shift in your awareness."
He doesn't tell us how, exactly, so we'll just have to keep watching.
Next, they desecrate the memory of Winston Churchill through some more quote-mining.

"You create your own universe as you go along" - Winston Churchill 1874-1965
Er, yeah. I greatly admire Churchill. He was a rational man. Here is the actual quote (my emphasis):
From “My Early Life” (1930)
"Some of my cousins who had the great advantage of University education used to tease me with arguments to prove that nothing has any existence except what we think of it. The whole creation is but a dream; all phenomena are imaginary. You create your own universe as you go along. The stronger your imagination, the more variegated your universe. When you leave off dreaming,the universe ceases to exist. These amusing mental acrobatics are all right to play with. They are perfectly harmless and perfectly useless. I warn my younger readers only to treat them as a game. The metaphysicians will have the last word and defy you to disprove their absurd propositions."
Is it fair, then, to quote Churchill as saying those words? Really, his cousins said it, and only to tease him with the absurdity of it. This practise of using quotes out of context to misrepresent people upsets me more than any of their other lies. It is utterly repugnant. Do read the rest of the piece, since Churchill echoes my own feelings, rather more eloquently, by more or less telling metaphysicians to go to hell.
With a bad taste in my mouth, I persevere.
In an ironic twist, Joe the metaphysician is the first person to appear after the Churchill "quote". He feels that it is really important that we feel good. This is because this signal of feeling good is what we broadcast into the universe and that then attracts more of the good to us. How many times do you think they'll say this?
The very next sentence is "So the more you feel good, the more you will be attracting the things that help you feel good", so I guess many more times. I'll be ignoring this until they say something new.
Bob shares this sage advice with us: when we feel down, we can turn it around like that (he snaps his fingers). "Turn on a beautiful piece of music! Start singing. That'll change your emotion. Or think of something beautiful. Think of a baby." Ok, so next time you're standing over a butchered corpse, Mr Police Officer, think of a baby and hum a happy tune. That should overwrite the horror, like that! *snap* Bob guarantees us that if we block out everything else except the thought of a baby that we love, we will start to feel good.
James Ray approves of pets, because they bring "a great state of love into our lives". He mumbles more (he's a philosopher, by the way, but not very succinct) about pets putting us into a "great emotional state...when you feel love for your pet, that's a great state of love that's going to bring goodness into your life. What a gift that is."
Bollocks. I live in South Africa and am faced with a lot of poverty, often. I've often seen underfed dogs accompanying underfed children. They love these dogs, but that love is not manifesting anything new or good in their miserable little lives. Maybe the secret only works for wealthy people in first world countries.
Esther Hicks is the lady who keeps spouting the most bull. Under her name, it just says "the teachings of Abraham", so I'm not sure what she's supposed to be an expert on, but she just informed me that "before you know it, you will know that you are the creator of your own reality". This is my cue, right here. To whom it may concern: If ever I, Prazzie the blogger, profess to know that I am the creator of my own reality before I know it, lock me up in a padded room. Give my computer and Wii to my sister and my furniture to my parents to dispose of as they see fit. Donate my books to a library. Thank you.
Jack Canfield, the author, brags a bit about his "magical" life. He lives in a four and a half million dollar mansion. Here he is, with his "to die for" wife:

They look very happy. This could be because they "get to vacation in all the fabulous spots in the world". He's climbed mountains and been on safaris and all of this happened and continues to happen because he knows how to apply the secret. I guess all of those other people who do these things without knowing the secret are just living a happy coincidence. They are just naturally attuned to this most powerful law in the universe. And the rest of us suckers must suffer until we manage to "shift our awareness", by paying Jack and his ilk more money to watch this DVD to find out how we too can acquire mansions and go on safaris.
Bob again. "Life can be absolutely phenomenal! And it should be! And it will be. When you start using the secret." I'd love to, Bob, but what must I do? Initially I thought I just had to think about what I want. Then I was told that it is not "wishful thinking", but a "deeper understanding". You guys lost me there. But then you changed it again to more of "a feeling than a thought". I'm baffled, Bob, as to how to apply the secret. Hopefully I will find out within the remaining hour and seven minutes.
22:30. Part four done. Still bored. No Godzilla. No ugly orange shoes. No Coke. Not convinced of this powerful law.
No comments:
Post a Comment