Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Joe needs money

Not satisfied with what he is currently attracting from the universe, Joe Vitale has decided to take things into his own hands.

He is selling his audioprogram "The Missing Secret: How to Use the Law of Attraction to Attract What You Want - Every Time" on this website.

So what he's trying to tell me is that the BOOK wasn't enough, the DVD is not enough, I still need this AUDIOPROGRAM to teach me the missing parts of the Secret.

He asks:
  • Are you getting some of what you want, but not all of it?
  • Do you feel like the Law of Attraction “works” for you sometimes, but not all the time?
  • Are there things in your life that seem to run counter to your conscious intentions?
  • Have you already experienced the incredible power of the Law of Attraction, and are you ready to take it to a whole new level?
The first question will always result in a "yes" answer - everyone gets some of what they want, but not all of it.

The second question is exactly the same as the first, only he adds in "feelings" and the imaginary "Law of Attraction" to piggyback on the answer to the first question.

The third question is also an obvious "yes" - people screw up. Sometimes they say something unintentionally that results in a huge mess. Sometimes we offer to help and end up making a bigger mess.

The last one goes in for the kill. One can safely assume that the type of person reading this message probably believes in the Law of Attraction, feels it's only working "sometimes, but not all the time" (the way it is with everyone, that has nothing to do with any fake laws), so here is the solution, buy my spiffy new missing secret program.

I deduce from this that The Secret is indeed the huge heap of crap that I suspected it to be (and am slowly confirming right here) and now that people realise it doesn't work, Joe must find new ways of getting money from suckers.

Just in case some skeptics are reading his site, he casts his net wide: "If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then you should order a copy of my new audioprogram: “The Missing Secret: How to Use The Law of Attraction to Attract What You Want — Every Time."

Joe continues to tease us: "In it, I’ll tell you everything I’ve learned, done, proven, and taught others about how to correctly use the Law of Attraction to consistently get the results you’re looking for..."

Ok, let's read that again. Joe will tell us how to correctly use the Law of Attraction. I should now direct your attention up towards the introduction on that page, just below his comparison of the "Law of Attraction" to the law of gravity. This is what he says:

"It’s a LAW - not a feel-good principle or some kind of new-age voodoo flake-out.

You can’t “do” the Law of Attraction wrong. It doesn’t turn off and on, like a light switch. It’s not subject to fate or fancy. It is a powerful but neutral force that is constantly operational."

'Kay. I can't do it wrong. And yet, I must be doing it wrong, because Joe will show me how to use it correctly.

Other things that caught my eye:

"What this is all about is awakening.

I’m probably the only teacher in the movie The Secret that has stood my ground about this. I’ve taken heat for it, too. I feel like Freud when he introduced his idea of the unconscious mind in the late 1800s and was booed off stage.

He didn’t back down.

Neither have I."

No part of this is about "awakening". It's all about money. For Joe to compare himself to Freud is simply hilarious. And the idea that Freud was "booed off stage" is ridiculous. I have read several papers (here's an online one) indicating that the idea that Freud was ostracised by his peers is largely a myth. Even if his ideas about seduction theory were considered shocking, his ideas on the already known subject of unconsciousness were not. (Joe's statement is ambiguous, but if he's trying to say Freud came up with the idea of the unconscious mind, he did not.)

So Freud didn't back down after he was not booed off a stage for stating his perfectly accepted ideas on unconscious, so I don't know what Joe is trying to pull here. Maybe he's just continuing the trend of invoking the names of impressive people to try and envelop himself in an air of authority.

Joe: "How do you get rid of the inner roadblocks and go warp speed ahead, right to whatever it is you’re trying to achieve or attract?

It took me some time to figure out the answer to that question. But once I did, it was as if all the limits in and around me shattered."

He should've just watched The Secret. The universe likes speed, as I recall. And the key to achieving a speedy result is passion. Come now, Joe, we've been through this.

"I thought life was good before - but I had no idea it could be this good.

I thought I’d achieved a pretty high level of personal and professional success - but the success I experienced once I got clear absolutely blew me away."

Sounds like Joe has turned to Scientology.

"For every person who has told me how much the Law of Attraction has positively transformed his or her life, there have been three who have related a different experience:

Confusion.

Inconsistencies.

Frustration."

What? No! Surely not, Joe! So the secret to success is not merely to watch The Secret? Like you guys have been saying on The Secret? You're really destroying my will to watch the rest of it, Joe old buddy.

"How to eradicate the “virus of the mind”. Got negativity? The negative images that bombard you each day from all sides bear a lot of the blame. I’ll tell you how to protect yourself from these misery-magnets. Do these few things and you’ll notice an immediate change in what’s showing up in your life."

Next, Joe will be selling tinfoil hats to protect us from the negative signals being beamed into our heads from inside the hollow moon.

"The totally counter-intuitive belief that will make you wealthy. It helped me turn $15,000 into twice that with virtually no effort at all."

Lemme guess: "Scamming innocent people is not the bad idea your mother told you it was! Invest $15 000 in an audioprogram telling people how to think wealth and happiness into their lives, and watch your money double. Virtually no effort!"

"The single most mind-blowing story you’ll ever hear. I share it in Session 5 of The Missing Secret. To call it shocking would be an understatement. The best part? You will walk away from it with one of the most effective transformation tools ever discovered. The effects? Too incredible to describe. You’ll just have to find out for yourself."

I've had enough of his waffling. You can read the rest of it on his little site. You can even order it and pay the $119.95 without too much concern, because as Joe kindly reminds us: "Remember, there’s a one-year guarantee, too."

On the order site, there is even more! Look at this:

"Turn ANY desire into reality, using the proven 5-step Attractor Factor Process."

Wow.

"Begin to instantaneously heal injury, illness, disconnects, and more, using 4 simple phrases."

Double wow. Does Joe know about James Randi's prize? "I have instant healing powers" sounds like a shoo-in to me!

No comments: